PhoTopoL Atlas - digital photogrammetric workstation
is the software application, which brings new quality for digital
photogrammetric production. That was created in co-operation of two Czech
companies TopoL Software Ltd. and
It is built on the 10 year experience with
development and use of digital photogrammetric system PhoTopoL, digital elevation
model ATLAS DMT and system TopoL GIS.
Internal and external orientations
- Automatic interior orientation
- AT points measurement with correlation in mono or stereo
- Aerotriangulation with AeroSys for Windows
- Import of orientations from Z/I Imagestation, Erdas, Match AT, DiAP, Pat-B, Digi, any ASCII file
Rectification and mosaicing
- Import and export into different file formats
- Orthoimage generation
- Full-featured geometric transformations (similarity, affinity, colinearity, polynomial quadratic and cubic) of raster data
- Mosaicing with automatic image balancing along stitch line
- Efficient three-dimensional data collection
- Continuous roamimg and zooming of stereo images
- Superimposition of vector data over the stereo images
- Extensive care focused on topology and support for topographic structures of vector data
- Solving of topologic relations in real-time while data are digitised
- Class attribute (local database structure) definition for every class of vector objects separately in each file
- Fully functional link to external databases with powerful support for one-to-many relations
- Database browser, easy-to-use query tool, attribute computations
- Various object and layer combinations
- Creation of thematic views and special maps through colour and style symbol definition
- Import and export: DXF, DGN, MapInfo, ArcView ShapeFile, ArcInfo Generate Format
Technology for automatic contour lines generation of middle scale maps
PhoTopoL Atlas enables nearly fully automatic production of high quality DTM
based on the automatic correlation. The technology has got several steps:
scanning of aerial photographs in desired resolution, project definition, definition of
models, aerial triangulation with module
- Automatic correlation
automatic points extraction by the method of image correspondence and following
creation of TIN DTM.
- Editing of DTM
Elimination of major errors using interactive DTM editor when contour lines can
be displayed both in mono and stereo screen and are immediately recalculated and
redisplayed after the change. The system offers full range of functions for interactive
editing (deleting, moving and adding points, levelling, deleting or adding elevation
to points in defined polygons, adding edges of all types, etc.).
- Correction of altitudes
special sophisticated module which enables to eliminate automatically errors of
correlation and to smooth final DTM. This DTM can be further analysed.
Such a high quality DTM can be used for automatic contour lines generation,
creation of orthoimages or other 2D or 3D outputs for
geographical information systems.
This technology reduces the production expenses of high quality DTM. It
gives very fast, low cost and high quality results especially for maps of middle
and small scale (1:10 000, 1:25 000, 1:50 000).
The final DTM can be further processed in other modules of ATLAS DMT system.
These modules enable other calculations and analyses of DTM:
- combination of DTM with other data of various source (surveying,
digitised contour lines)
- comparing, adding and subtracting of two surfaces
- 3D views optionally in perspective or axonometry with texture
- computation of longitudinal and cross sections from polygon data.
Positioning, description, dimensions, and editing of the sections using
different horizontal and vertical scales
- fast and accurate computation of volumes between two surfaces
- special modules for road, pipeline or watercourse designers
- hydrological analysis, erosion soil loss computation, flooded area analysis
- visibility and signal propagation calculation for profile or whole surface